Progress report of the fourth period of post-doctoral research project 220.127.116.11/VIAA/2/18/248
Main activities during the 4th period (01.10.2019-31.12.2019):
- Research visit to Lappeenranta University of Technology (within the framework of international mobility) have taken place. CHN analysis of biosorbent samples was performed (The Flash 2000, Thermo Fisher Scientific). Photographs of biosorbents were taken using optical microscope. Researcher A.Robalds have been familiarized with the method to determine phosphorus compounds in liquid samples using ICP method.
- Preparation of two articles: 1) review article of biosorption of rare earth metals; 2) an article on the recovery of trace elements from food production by-products.
- Two abstracts have been prepared and submitted for the conference the “The General Assembly 2020 of the European Geosciences Union (EGU)”, taking place in May 2020.
- Researcher have improved his skills and knowledge by attending English courses and lecture course on statistical data analysis.
- Characterization of biosorbents and potato juice were carried out.
The cooperating institution - The State Education Development Agency (SEDA). The duration of the project - 36 months. Total costs - 133 805.88 EUR, of which 85% (113 734.98 EUR) is financed by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Information prepared: 16.01.2020.